Monday, May 25, 2009

Google Books

I just noticed the new beta feature that Google has to let users build their own library of books from their selection. This is really cool :) There seems to be a lot of stuff available. However, a lot of it is only as a preview. Here you get a portion of the book, but not all of it. While this is a draw back on certain more popular and authors, its not unreasonable. After all you can read a good part of the book then buy it. There isn't any reason why these authors have to give away everything.

Besides there are tons of really good books there in full versions that people can download for free! It's great :) Check out my library. It's still small, but has lots of good stuff. Who doesn't like George Orwell or F. Scott Fitgerald? I do wish I could've found more Edgar Allen Poe though. I really love his stuff. I did get Grimms Fairy Tales, Hans Christen Anderson, Alice in Wonderland and other classics added in. I haven't read most of these books in years. It'll be the perfect stuff to read during those boring meetings :)

No comments:

Smurfs

Search Engine Submission - AddMe